Sunday, October 31, 2004

 

Ever notice that 'what the hell' is always the right decision?

When I chose the original template for this blog I cycled through the available ones on Blogspot and chose the old one more or less by default as being the best of a mediocre lot. I decided to take pity on everyone's eyes and go for better readability. I'll probably tweak this one a tiny bit, but I think it'll definitely read better (at least until you actually digest this bilious content).

Warner Brothers is releasing the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 2 on Tuesday, and I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed in the Bugs Bunny disc from what I see on Amazon. Take a gander at the titles on the disc:
Out of this bunch there are perhaps three or four that I find quotable or notable (Bunny Hugged, Slick Hare, Baby Buggy Bunny and perhaps French Rabbit or The Heckling Hare). All of the rest kind of run together in my perception, and there's a couple of (IMSHO) outright mediocre ones on the disc (Hyde and Hare and Broomstick Bunny). I suppose that Warner is holding back some goodies for the subsequent releases, but this could backfire somewhat in that if a mediocre set fails to sell, there might be less incentive or desire to release the subsequent volumes. Uh, JL or whoever is in charge - hint - a set with Bowery Bugs, Homeless Hare and a few of the others I mentioned in my Bugs Bunny post of some months back would be kind of nice.

I used to have a higher opinion of Hare Conditioned, but other than the spot-on Hal Peary impersonation the cartoon really doesn't have a lot to distinguish it from other chases. Bugs Bunny Rides Again is mainly notable for its censoring (a line about Gandhi has been excised due to canonization and political correctness) but doesn't have the punch of other Yosemite Sam confrontations (Buccaneer Bunny being a personal favorite).

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search