Wednesday, October 27, 2004

 

Miscellaneous Problems Today

Blogspot has been seriously farked all day, and only now seems to be getting back to itself. The support page blames routing problems (one thing I've learned over the years is not to mess with BGP once it's working to your satisfaction unless there's an absolutely compelling reason to do so). As a matter of professional interest I'd dearly like to find out exactly what happened (whatever change was applied has been backed out) but I doubt we'll get specifics. After all, you get what you pay for on Blogspot, there's no SLA here.

I tried a bit of tweaking on the High Altar today, and no joy in Mudville as far as burning DVDs with Pinnacle. I'm at about 60% coasters with the Memorex DVD+Rs, rather unusual as I've always had good results with them before. TDKs still seem to work, though. I'll probably pick up an external burner from Newegg just to see if it's indeed the internal drive (I have my suspicions), at the very least I'll get a dual +/- drive so I've got some flexibility in media, but I do have a lot of interest in the dual-layer drives. I suppose I'll need to upgrade Pinnacle to take advantage of a dual-layer drive, or I'll start thinking about higher-end solutions for DVDs (Premiere and DVD Architect, or Vegas Video).

My muse is failing me today after a pretty headachy and frustrating day, so I'll be parsimonious with the rants until the morrow.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search