Friday, November 05, 2004

 

Payback's A Bitch, Ain't It?


From Newsday regarding Mr. Pining For The Fjords himself:

Erekat chided Israel after some people celebrated the reports that Arafat had died. "I hope the Israeli public will show sensitivities. I've seen some Israelis dancing in the streets, hugging each other other yesterday," Erekat told CNN. "I think it's alien... I cannot describe my feelings. It's heartbreaking to see Israelis hugging and kissing in such circumstances." After Israeli media reported Thursday night that Arafat had died, some young Orthodox Jews gathered in a downtown Jerusalem square to celebrate -- singing, dancing, distributing sweets and declaring that one of their greatest enemies was "on his way to hell."

Image courtesy of the lunatics over at Fark.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search