Saturday, February 12, 2005

 

Musical Meme

Ordinarily I'm not one to participate in me-too meme-ism, but this one isn't terribly obnoxious or revealing, so for your edification.....


1. Song that sounds like happy feels: "She Loves You"
2. Earliest memory: "Linda" by Jan and Dean
3. Last CD you bought: "Dark Matter" by IQ

4. Reminds you of school:

Elementary School - "Be True To Your School". Never got played in my elementary school, about the closest we got to pop music in school was an occasional play of the Hokey Pokey. However, it's juvenile enough that I associate it with my younger days.

High School - "Sweet Jane". The gavones in my high school were too stupid to get it, and the Arista-heads (for those of you who grew up in NYC, you know who I mean, this is commonly referred to in the heartland as a "class leader") also couldn't get it, but were more obsessed with dancing to whatever Gamble and Huff record was current at the time. There was a small group who actually liked The Who, The Stones and The Velvet Underground, who of course I fell in with despite my nominal affiliation with the Arista-heads (most of whom I loathed), perils of being known as a bright kid, you know....

College - "Thunder Road". Heard it for the first time on my way to class in my first semester. I literally was stuck in traffic, but I was spellbound by it and missed the light sequence.

5. Total music files on your PC: 1239, about 5.7GB
6. Song for listening to repeatedly when depressed: "Won't Get Fooled Again"
7. Song that sounds British, but isn't: That's easy. "Lies" by the Knickerbockers.
8. Song you love, band you hate: "Californication", Red Hot Chili Peppers
9. A favorite song from the past that took ages to track down: What else, "Come On And Ringo" by the Standells. I'm still looking for a clean complete copy....
10. Bought the album for one good song: Another easy one. "Agents Of Fortune" by Blue Oyster Cult for "Don't Fear The Reaper". A lot of folks got burned with that one.
11. Worst Song to Get Stuck in your Head: "Return Of The Son Of Monster Magnet"
12. Best song to dump a beer on someone's head to, then storm out of the bar? "Free Bird"
13. Who should do this next? Every other lazy blogger with better things to do on the weekend... :-)

In other news, the March issue of Playboy hit the stands, and I briefly held it in the nice sealed plastic before putting it back. No, not because I was afraid to bring it home, but because a certain attention whore (not Ms. Gibson, who I'll get to in a moment) was on the cover. I won't mention this individual's name, but the word "hotel" is somehow associated. I find said individual to be a completely skanky, irritating person and I flatly refuse to spend any money on any publication that has any connection with her, unless some hunting magazine displays her trussed up on the hood of a car after liberal application of Bad Medicine. Some sources suggest it's a Photoshop job, which wouldn't bode well for Mr. Hefner as said attention whore would more likely sue to protect her image and likeness from any infringement real or imagined. As to Ms. Gibson, someone has leaked some photos onto the net, and as expected, they were boring. Oh sure she's pretty, but the photos were about as sensual as ordering a toasted bagel at a diner. I'm glad I didn't spend the eight bucks or whatever it's going for.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search