Sunday, March 27, 2005

 

Short Shrift Sunday

To everyone celebrating Easter, my best wishes for a joyous holiday. Me, I've got a belated Purim party to go to this morning.

Interesting link of the day is from Carter Steel Guitars, with a 20 minute video on pedal steel guitar for 6-string players. Both Windows Media and Real formats (anyone still actually using Real Media for anything?), so pick your favorite format from the URL. While it isn't as in-depth as Bruce Bouton's instructional tape, I rather liked it as it put things into terms I understand as a standard guitar player.

Oddball note du jour is that I decided to check my startup entries with msconfig, and found a completely blank entry, yet the HijackThis log looked 100% OK, nothing I didn't recognize or couldn't find with Google. I wonder what could've caused it (alternate data stream in NTFS? The very thought scares me; you'd think someone would've come up with a tool that quickly points something like that out)? I know, switch the box to Linux and run Windoze in VMWare...... (actually, might make an interesting exercise to test out Acronis' bare metal restore, which I still haven't gotten around to. I must at least give it a try to a VMWare image....)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search