Friday, April 08, 2005

 

Commerce, n. A kind of transaction in which A plunders from B the goods of C, and for compensation B picks the pocket of D of money belonging to E.

Blogger's been astonishingly peripatetic today, and their only suggestion is to clear the cookies in my browser. I hate to point it out, but there are actually some very useful cookies in my browser that I really don't feel like zapping (more out of sheer laziness than anything else) but it's simple enough to walk over to another computer here to get this done.

Today's very eloquent post, which I made the mistake of composing in Blogger's default interface, was nicely lunched when I hit "Save As Draft". I know, I know, do it offline in Word or some such, then paste it in, but the muse hit me suddenly and I was off and running before I realized I was riding bareback. Yuck. The post even had some cool 4, 7 and 8 letter words, to indicate how pissed I was. Oh well. Tomorrow's another day...

A bit of a Chinese Fire Drill has come up, where a colleague has found himself having to present to a bank in an area far better known for beaches than finance, and I've been asked to identify some deficiencies in what the bank is intending to do with its latest set of toys. Said identification of deficiencies may need to be done over the weekend, and of course I've got company who will be royally insulted if I actually work while they're here, so I find myself in a bit of a bind. Then again, it's blatantly obvious how said bank is about to screw up, so it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to write up the bad news, so I just might get up early on Sunday and get it over with. I need to face off with the CIO of a seriously major bank on Monday morning (totally unrelated) so I have to be focused on that, and I really don't want to be bothered with First Bank of Voodoo Witch Doctors when I've got a major player to deal with.

For your amusement, check out this article about an advertiser's confessions about using adware.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search