Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

My muse is temporarily indisposed, so instead you get this nonsense....

Quoth Thomas L. Friedman in this AM's Sulzberger Entity:
The best way to honor the Koran is to live by the values of mercy and compassion
that it propagates.

Quoth the Koran:

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they
drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4


Er, Tom, you been reading a different Koran?

I found myself in a bit of a standards war on my current project, where a client is insisting on one particular standard that we don't support (at least not without about 60 man-months of effort, by my reckoning), not to mention that none of our other customers or partners are looking at this particular standard for any implementations. so there's no huge business imperative to support the effort (unless our client's willing to fund this of course). Nevertheless, it's fallen to me to be the pro from Dover when the relationship manager is going to break the bad news to the client, so it's time to steel myself for what will undoubtedly turn out to be a very stressful meeting.

Listening to Bruce as I write this. No, not the new album. A bootleg from 1975 from the Bottom Line. Instead of this dreary stuff he's writing nowadays, I hear someone with wide eyes still singing "Then I Kissed Her". I need a bit of optimism at the moment.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search