Monday, June 20, 2005

 

I had a wonderful experience on the golf course today. I had a hole in nothing. Missed the ball and sank the divot.

Many conference calls, and added duties are consuming my bandwidth for posting, so it's going to be a bit of a slog for the next couple of weeks. Something had to give, and unfortunately it's the blog, however, I'm still with it, it'll be back in force come July.

The listen du jour is the Flamin' Groovies "Jump In The Night", a 1979 effort that's quite retro for its time, reminds me a lot of its contemporaries, The Records "Starry Eyes" and the Seachers' reunion album. Lots of jangly electric 12 string work, and of all things, a nifty, respectful cover of the Beatles' "Please Please Me". Interestingly, Amazon refers to the Beatles cover as "Please Please Girl", a track the Groovies recorded years before, which sounds nothing like the Fabs' tune nor does it reference it. Nice cover of "Absolutely Sweet Marie" as well - in a lot of ways that's my favorite Dylan song (the fact that George H covered it at the Dylan 30th anniversary show didn't hurt with that choice either). The vocals are a bit nasal and the recording, well, it ain't exactly Glyn Johns turning the knobs.

And I still haven't finished "Francis The Talking Mute" yet. Too busy doing super-secret stuff with my test site. The background music is just my current computer-based selection, and given the DRM stuff that's on a lot of CDs, I'm reluctant to put the disk into my computer (and yes, I do have Autoplay disabled, but trust being a superfluous weakness in matters relating to entertainment I thought better of it).

VMWare Workstation 5 is here. Looking forward to playing with that.

Be patient friends, I shall be posting sporadically for a bit, but I'm not going anywhere.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati search